Engineering professionals who intend to build their careers as energy managers need to understand principles related to the management and economics of energy. This module covers the setting up of energy management systems (including an introduction to ISO 50001), the formation of the energy management team and the integration of energy management systems into business practice. Also covered are Singapore’s energy management policies and energy market tariff structure to enable better evaluation of supply contracts for reducing energy costs. Participants will also learn how to evaluate financial attractiveness of energy retrofit projects using simple payback, ROI, time value of money, etc and understand the various energy performance contracting models such as guaranteed savings and shared savings.
1. Develop an energy management system
2. Define roles and responsibilities of energy management team members
3. Set up (or develop) energy policy, energy planning, procedure for evaluating performance of energy systems and energy performance review, documentation and communication processes
4. Integrate energy management system into business practice
5. Understand Singapore’s energy market tariff structure to enable better evaluation of supply contracts for reducing energy costs
6. Evaluate financial attractiveness of energy retrofit projects
7. Understand the various energy performance contracting models
TAY Cher Seng is a registered professional engineer and has over 25 years of experience in the design, installation and operations of M&E installations in buildings. His current research interests are in waste heat recovery, thermal energy storage, and passive displacement cooling and green freeze refrigerants. In 2011, he won an ASEAN energy award for his work in recovering waste heat for hot water service. In 2012, He is named the BCA-SGBC Green Innovator of the year.
Date: 6 - 8 June 2018
Time: 9am - 6pm
Before Funding: $963.00; After Funding: $577.80
Fees are inclusive of GST
E2I funding is available to all Singaporean and PRs.
Interested participants are to register for full qualification of 4 cores & 2 electives to be eligible for funding
Optional Examination fees at $85.60
+65-63388578 / email@example.com
180 Kitchener Road City Square Mall Level 6 Sky Park, #06-10
|Module Title||Start Date||End Date|
|Energy Management & Economics||06-Jun-2018 09:00:00||08-Jun-2018 18:00:00|